It’s no secret that breastfeeding would be the normal, healthy approach to nourish and nurture baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and pregnant women, the internationally respected La Leche League has raised for educating and empowering mothers in this particular natural art for generations.
Now their classic bestselling guide has become retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single mothers, and mothers of multiples will all take advantage of the book’s variety of nursing advice, stories, and information—from getting ready for breastfeeding in pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers
• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to merely enjoying the amazing bonding experience
• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and techniques to the most-asked questions
• approaches for moms they like to breastfeed for the short time or who prefer to nurse for just a year or maybe more
• reassuring info on nursing after having a C-section or delivery complications
• recent scientific data that highlight the numerous lifelong many benefits of breastfeeding
• strategies for building your support network—at home or when back at work
• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and the way to thrive regardless of curveball life throws
• help with breast health concerns, putting on weight, nursery, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references additional information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies in a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive approaches to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your child than the womanly art of breastfeeding.